WELCOME TO WESLEY CHURCH!
A friendly community
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical ‘menu’
Watch this space for news about services in the Church
Sadly, face to face services at Wesley have been put on hold due to the current Covid restrictions.
We hope to gather together again in God’s house next Sunday, June 27th for the morning (11am) service.
In the meantime, an online worship resource will be available from Friday, including the Order of Service, the sermon and some pre-recorded music by our Wesley musicians.
This Sunday, June 20th, the worship leader and preacher is our Minister, Rev Alistair Macrae.
The Order of Service for Sunday, 20th June will be available here from Friday – June 18th
Order of Service – Jun 13th
QR Code Check in
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines we need to check in by scanning the QR code at the entry to the church.
We look forward to seeing you when circumstances permit!
Weekly Worship Services
(Hopefully our face to face services will resume on June 27th, mornings at 11am, evening services 3rd and 5th Sundays at 6pm)
130 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Tuesdays to Thursdays (Part-time Hours)
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, major restoration works completed in 2020.
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Vic.Tas, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.vt.uniting.org/
- Offers ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities for the coming five years:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners