WELCOME TO WESLEY CHURCH!
A friendly community
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical ‘menu’
Responding to Covid-19
Church has re-opened for worship
Wesley Church has re-opened for face to face worship.
There will only be one service each Sunday throughout January 2021, commencing at 11.15 am.
QR Code Check
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines we will need to check in everyone by scanning a QR code or filling in a digital form on the day for contact tracing.
Come early to church. Doors will open 15 minutes before the service starts to give extra time to check-in and find a seat.
If your phone cannot do QR codes, do not worry – you can sign in on paper. Stewards will be prepared for both methods.
We look forward to seeing you!
Worship resources will continue to be prepared and put on this website page each week to enable people to worship at home, in ‘virtual fellowship’ with others in our community and beyond.
In the meantime, we continue to pray for all who have been directly impacted by the virus itself, our medical and public health workers and researchers, and all who are being affected by the economic, emotional and social impacts of this virus.
Sunday Worship – 31st January 2021
11.15 am in Church.
Or join with others for worship at home this week by opening the Order of Service (click here) and clicking on the various links for sound and video files plus music for the songs and hymns.
Worship leader and preacher for this Sunday is Rev Alistair Macrae
130 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Weekly Worship Services
One service each Sunday at 11.15am throughout January 2021.
See top page for more info.
Wednesdays to Fridays (part time hours)
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, major restoration works completed in 2020.
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Wesley, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.vt.uniting.org/
- Offering ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities for the coming five years:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners