WELCOME TO WESLEY CHURCH!
A friendly community
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical ‘menu’
Responding to Covid-19
Worship services have resumed in the church on Sundays at 11 am.
Sunday Worship – May 9, 2021 11am
The worship leader and preacher is our Minister, Rev Alistair Macrae.
The Order of Service will be available here from May 6. An audio recording of the sermon will be uploaded to this website early the following week. Please note : links to pre-recorded music, sermon etc. are no longer being provided.
QR Code Check in
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines we still need to check in by scanning the QR code at the entry to the church.
We look forward to seeing you!
130 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Weekly Worship Service
One service on Sunday at 11 am.
Tuesdays to Thursdays (Part-time Hours)
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, major restoration works completed in 2020.
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Vic.Tas, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.vt.uniting.org/
- Offers ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities for the coming five years:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners