WELCOME TO WESLEY CHURCH!
A friendly, multicultural community
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical heritage
Sadly, on-site worship services have been suspended for at least the next two Sundays, January 16 and 23.
Morning – 11 am (currently suspended due to Covid)
Evening services – 6pm will resume at the earliest safe opportunity.
Weekly worship resources will be provided on the website (see below) including pre-recorded music, sermon etc.
The weekly free lunchtime organ recitals (Tuesdays, 1-1.30) will resume as soon as conditions permit.
Advance Notice – New Minister coming to Wesley
The Induction of Rev Rachel Kronberger as Minister at Wesley alongside Alistair Macrae will take place on Friday January 28th, 7.30pm. The service will be live-streamed.
This week’s service including links to music, sermon etc. Order of Service
130 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Tuesdays to Thursdays (Part-time hours)
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, major restoration works completed in 2020.
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Vic.Tas, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.vt.uniting.org/
- Offers ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners