A friendly welcome
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical ‘menu’
Our beautiful old church is currently in the middle of a major construction project as the whole site undergoes redevelopment and renewal for the next 3 years. The church building itself is undergoing significant restoration works, internal and external, for the next 12 months.
On the first Sunday in February 2019 we left the church and will worship in Nicholas Hall, adjacent to the church. However, in terms of gathering for worship, community life and serving our community it’s business as usual!!
Worship this week:
Sunday February 24th
Morning Worship 11am Rev Alistair Macrae and (the Moderator) Rev Sharon Hollis
Evening Worship 6 pm Contemplative style, incl Holy Communion Rev Alistair Macrae
Last week’s sermon
Unfortunately, due to the move into the Hall, last week’s sermon was not recorded. We hope to resume ‘normal transmission’ this week.
Contact number: (03) 9251 5246
148 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Weekly Worship Services
9.15 am Gospel Hall Cantonese/Mandarin Service
11.00 am Morning Worship
6.00 pm Evening Worship
Church Administration Hours
Tuesday 9.30 am – 2.30pm
Wednesday 9.30 am – 1.30 pm
Thursday 9.30 am – 4.00 pm
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, currently undergoing major restoration works
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Wesley, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.wesley.org.au/we-will-be-uniting/www.wesley.org.au
- Offering ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities for the coming five years:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners