WELCOME TO WESLEY CHURCH!
A friendly community
Biblical teaching and preaching
Classical but contemporary worship with a rich musical ‘menu’
Sunday worship services at Wesley will resume next Sunday, August 8th, 11am.
Worship services for this Sunday, August 1st, have been suspended due to the latest restriction.
An Order of Service with links to various parts of the Sunday service will be posted here on the website later this week.
The worship leader and preacher will be our Minister, Rev Alistair Macrae. Theme: ‘Jesus’ blood is my vaccine?’
Last Sunday’s Sermon Rev Alistair Macrae: David and Bathsheba
QR Code Check in
Due to current COVID-19 guidelines when events inthe church recommence we need to check in by scanning the QR code at the entry to the church.
Wesley Worship Services in normal conditions (See update above)
Mornings at 11am
Evening services – 1st (5pm), 3rd (6pm) and 5th (6pm) Sundays of the Month.
130 Lonsdale Street,
Melbourne, VICTORIA 3000
(between Russell St and Exhibition St)
Tuesdays to Thursdays (Part-time Hours)
Some facts about Wesley Church
- Built in 1858, major restoration works completed in 2020.
- Originally a Wesleyan Church, it became a Methodist Church in the union of 1902, and then part of the Uniting Church in Australia in the union with the Congregational and Presbyterian Churches in 1977.
- Located in the Central Business District of Melbourne, Australia
- In 1893, in response to community needs, started what is now Uniting Vic.Tas, a large community services organisation serving the most vulnerable people in our community. https://www.vt.uniting.org/
- Offers ‘mainstream’ biblical teaching and classical reformed worship
- A cross-cultural congregation, including people of various Asian and Pacific cultures
- Wesley Church building is also the home of the Gospel Hall, a Uniting Church congregation with church services in Cantonese, with Mandarin and English translation.
Uniting Church in Australia
Wesley Uniting Church is a congregation of the Yarra Yarra Presbytery and the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania.
Wesley Church seeks to serve Christ with the following mission priorities for the coming five years:
- to provide services of worship, building on our present style, and with a special focus on the ministry of music
- to continue to welcome, care for and nurture all who share in our worship and congregational life
- to grow as a cross-cultural and inclusive community, especially welcoming and supporting visitors and international students, while developing our partnership with the Gospel Hall congregation
- to be a vital centre available to the Uniting Church and ecumenical partners